Award-Winning Divorce Representation
Did your spouse hand you divorce papers when you least expected it? Have you been planning on divorcing your spouse for a while now and are at last prepared to take the first step? Was the decision to dissolve your marriage mutual but you do not know where to turn for support?
No matter the unique circumstances surrounding your divorce, our Orange County divorce attorneys at Gill Law Group, PC will stand by you and protect your interests every step of the way. Call now to see how we can help you!
What Sets Our Firm Apart?
- Client-Centered Approach
- Trial-Tested Zealous Advocate to Protect Your Rights
- Fierce Negotiators at every step
- Excellent Customer Service Culture
- Named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers® (2017 - 2021)
- Voted National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Complimentary In-Person Consultation with an Experienced Divorce Lawyer
A divorce – whether it is uncontested or contested – is sure to shake things up a bit for you and your day-to-day life. To help prepare for the changes, and to make certain your best interests are not forgotten as the process progresses, allow us to step in to fight and support you. We're only a phone call away.
Let's discuss the details of your divorce. Contact the firm today.
We are committed to getting the best possible outcome for you. Call Us!
Everyone who comes to our law firm has a different set of circumstances and different concerns. The underlying reality in all cases is that they need legal guidance and moral support. By recognizing what's important to our clients and considering the unique setting of each case, we believe that our divorce attorneys in Orange County are able to improve the lives of many people we encounter. We would be honored to be able to do the same for you.
Work with a Team of Orange County Divorce Lawyers and In-House CPA
Since we have an in-house CPA on-site, we are better equipped to handle cases that involve business owners, or those with complex financial portfolios, or divorces where financial statements of a business organization are essential in determining property division or spousal support. Working with a firm with an in-house CPA can help with strategies for:
- Tax implications of different property division scenarios
- Analysis of financial statements of a business with community interest
- Real estate taxes associated with property division
Modifying the Terms of Your Divorce
In addition to providing powerful support both before and during the divorce process, our attorneys are also equipped with the skills to help you alter the terms of your divorce decree after the fact. In the state of California, spouses can petition with the courts to modify nearly any aspect of their divorce, including child custody, child support, spousal support, and visitation, if a substantial change in circumstances should present itself from the time the order was first issued.
Acceptable changes in circumstances that may warrant a modification include:
- Substantial changes in income
- Illness or disability of either spouse
- Changes in a child’s developmental needs
- Loss of employment
- Relocation (especially to another state)
- An unsuitable environment for children
Our knowledgeable advocates can examine the circumstances of your situation and guide you step by step through the process of pursuing a modification. From filing the necessary court papers to negotiating with your ex-spouse, we can handle the legal heavy lifting and maximize your chances of securing the results you need.
Do You Need to Prove Grounds for Divorce In California?
California is what is known as a "no-fault divorce state," which means that you do not need to prove fault in order to file for a divorce. In most cases a couple in California can seek divorce based on one of the following grounds:
- Irreconcilable Differences - This can be any difference or disagreement between two people that cannot or will not be changed or resolved and has ultimately led to the breakdown of the marriage
- Incurable Insanity - This requires extensive medical proof that one individual in the marriage is incurably insane
Exploring Alternatives to Divorce
When a marriage is coming to an end, is divorce the only path ahead? Most people in California are not aware that there are other alternatives that might be better suited to their unique situation.
You may want to consider these lesser-known alternatives to divorce:
- Legal Separation: If you are not entirely committed to the idea of ending your marriage, you should talk to your attorney about legal separations. A separation is closely similar to a divorce and provides much of the same benefits, only it does not dissolve the marriage.
- Annulment: For some people, a divorce is not enough, and they require the marriage to be more or less stricken from all records. A successful annulment will effectively make it as though the marriage never happened. This can be beneficial for multiple reasons, including religious beliefs.
Call (949) 681-9952 For a complimentary consultation with our divorce lawyer in Orange County today!