Delivering Quality Representation for Divorce Cases
Are you facing a divorce in California? Does your divorce case have you concerned about your property rights? Are you worried about the costs of litigating your divorce?
For answers to these questions and legal advice about your divorce, you should reach out to an experienced divorce attorney in Los Angeles. Our legal team at Gill Law Group, PC has years of experience working with various family law issues, including divorces and attorney Raja Gill has been recognized in the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 and as a Super Lawyer® 3 years in a row (2018, 2019, and 2020).
At Gill Law Group, PC, families throughout Los Angeles and Southern California have benefited from:
- Attorneys with a sophisticated understanding of California divorce law
- Trial advocates who are dedicated to preserving your rights
- An approach to handling divorces revolving around your specific needs and goals
- Legal representation based on compassionate and respectful client service
- Complimentary case evaluations with a skilled divorce attorney
We understand the challenges and hardships of going through a divorce. That is why our attorneys are committed to handling difficult and complex legal matters arising from your divorce, so you can focus on moving forward with your life and that of your family.
Comprehensive Divorce Advice and Advocacy
Each divorce involves a unique set of circumstances that require careful attention to detail. We appreciate the fact that your needs are not identical to the needs of other divorcees. As a result, we understand that the approach to your case will not be a carbon-copy of a strategy we applied to another client’s case.
At Gill Law Group, PC, we have experience working with the following divorce issues:
- Contested divorce
- Uncontested divorce
- High net-worth divorce
- Property division
- Spousal support
- Child custody
- Child support
Additionally, we have experience with divorce alternatives for couples who are not certain about completely ending their marriages, and unique cases where the validity of a marriage is dubious. In such cases, you may benefit from one of the following proceedings:
- Annulment: If a marriage is invalid due to atypical circumstances—such as fraud, coercion, or failing to meet the requirements of a legal marriage—you can file for an annulment. An annulment treats the marriage as if it had never existed. Although an annulment similarly terminates your marriage like in a divorce case,issues stemming from the spousal duties that arise from marriage will be treated a little differently. That is why it is important to consult an experienced attorney to see if an annulment is appropriate in your case.
- Legal Separation: If you and your spouse are not entirely sure whether divorce is right for you—but are sure that continuing to live together isn’t the appropriate course of action, either—you might benefit from a legal separation. Unlike divorce, a legal separation does not terminate your marriage but does offer similar advantages when you and your spouse need a period of physical separation.
n most divorce cases, the legal battle does not end when the judge renders a final judgment dissolving your marriage. Orders that accompany a final divorce judgment may remain in effect for years after finalizing your divorce, such as child custody and spousal support.
However, future developments may result in making compliance with the terms and conditions of those orders not feasible. In such cases, you may need to consult an attorney about modifying your divorce orders. At Gill Law Group, PC, we can continue representing you and your family’s interests during proceedings for post-judgment modifications.
Circumstances that may justify post-judgment modifications include:
- Material changes in your financial circumstances
- Medical disability afflicting you or your children
- Relocating to another city, county, or state
- Substantial changes concerning your children’s health or educational needs
Consult One of Our Los Angeles Divorce Lawyers
If you are looking for an experienced attorney to consult about your divorce, look no further than Gill Law Group, PC. Our team of Los Angeles divorce attorneys has the knowledge and skill to help protect your legal interests and those of your family.
Community Property in California
A major aspect of divorce is deciding who gets what pieces of property and why. In California, most cases will consider anything gained during the marriage – whether it be a home, a savings account, or even debt – to be community property, or something that should be shared between the spouses. Items acquired before the marriage became official are considered separate property, but such items frequently become communal if they are modified in some way during the marriage. For example, if you had your own private savings account before marriage but add significantly to it during the marriage, your ex-spouse may be able to argue that it should be considered community property.
You may be able to determine how your property is divided without the initial intervention of the court. With an experienced divorce attorney, you can go through the process of equitable distribution, or determining what is most fair for the both of you. Keep in mind that all of your best laid plans will mean nothing until a judge signs off on it and issues a final decision.
To get started, call us at 213-277-3878 or contact our office online today for a complimentary in-person consultation.
"Client First" Philosophy
Here at Gill Law Group, you and your case are our biggest priorities.
Meet with our Attorney for a free initial consultation about your case.
Experienced Legal Authorities
Attorney Gill is associated with The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 as well as Super Lawyers® Rising Stars to name a few.
Our team will keep you informed each step of the way on what is needed for your case.
We will do everything it takes to get you the outcome you deserve.
Our legal team treats each case uniquely and tailors our approach to meet your needs.