A Law Firm That Cares

Court Order Enforcement in Orange County

Call (949) 681-9952 to Request a Complimentary Consultation Today

When the judge issues a court order concerning a divorce such as alimony, child custody and child support, the parties are obligated to follow it. Unfortunately, that is not always that case. When an ex-spouse fails to pay support, ignores orders for property division or withholds custody, the other party may seek enforcement of a court order with the help of an experienced family law attorney.

At Gill Law Group, PC, our Orange County divorce attorney can help you take necessary action to ensure the other party follows court orders. We can review your situation and determine the most appropriate course of action. Let us help you resolve the issue once and for all.

The Legal Action We Can Take Against the Other Party

Whether your ex-spouse’s behavior is intentional or not, failure to adhere to a court order is always unacceptable. Keep in mind, taking matters into your own hands by reciprocating the wrongful acts is never a good idea.

Our Orange County family law attorney can start by writing a letter to the other party, urging them to follow the court order or face legal action if the problem isn’t resolved. In many cases, this tactic effectively gets the other party back on the right track.

However, if the other party continues to ignore a court order, the following are a couple of ways we can take action:

  • The motion of Enforcement – When you file a motion with the court to enforce an existing order, a hearing is scheduled to determine if the other party has failed to follow the order and determine how it will be enforced. If the other party continues to not comply with the court’s directives, he/she is subject to penalties, which can include jail time.
  • The motion of contempt – If the other party blatantly ignores court orders, they can be held in contempt. Contempt can either be remedial to resolve the issue or punitive to punish the other party for continuously disobeying the order.

Let Us Help You Enforce Court Orders Today

Do not wait until your ex-spouse changes his/her tune about following court orders. If you need a court order enforced, our Orange County family lawyer is ready to help you resolve the situation.

If you are interested in court order enforcement in Orange County, contact us and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case immediately.

Get to Know Our Team

  • Raja S. Gill
    Raja S. Gill Founding Attorney
  • Stephanie Reyes
    Stephanie Reyes Attorney
  • Kyle Shiroma
    Kyle Shiroma Attorney
  • Edgar C. Johnson, Jr.
    Edgar C. Johnson, Jr. Of Counsel
  • Raja S. Gill Founding Attorney
    Raja S. Gill

    Attorney Hetinder “Raja” Gill has been awarded membership in the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, and he maintains a Superb Avvo Rating. View Profile

  • Stephanie Reyes Attorney
    Stephanie Reyes

    Mrs. Reyes is an aggressive advocate in divorce and family law matters and has extensive experience in custody and financial disputes. View Profile

  • Kyle Shiroma Attorney
    Kyle Shiroma

    Mr. Shiroma uses his experiences and perspectives to zealously advocate for the family law clients of the Gill Law Group. View Profile

  • Edgar C. Johnson, Jr. Of Counsel
    Edgar C. Johnson, Jr.

    Attorney Johnson graduated Western State University School of Law and has over 25 years of litigation experience. View Profile

Recognized for Exellence

Attorney Gill's Memberships & Professional Associations

  • 10 Best 2019
  • Trial
  • OCBA
  • Consumer
  • Super Lawyers
  • ABA