Family Court Law Attorney in Newport Beach, CA, Advocates for Your Rights
Skilled litigator in Orange County help you through your dissolution
I am licensed to assist clients in all the Superior Courts throughout California, including Newport Beach, Orange County, La Jolla, Vista, Encinitas, Escondido and Rancho Santa Fe. I work closely with you during your dissolution to determine if settlement is the right option for you and your Family Court or if my skills may be necessary to assertively advocate for your rights at trial.
Dissolution facts that may require litigation
My law firm successfully settles most Family Court-law cases, negotiating equitable terms by using mediation or collaborative techniques. California Family Court law mandates that most couples engage in mediation and only set a case for trial when the parties cannot reach an agreement after making a good-faith effort to negotiate and settle. In some situations, neither mediation nor collaborative divorce is an option, so, I argue to the Court that your case proceed directly to trial if your marriage or partnership involves:
- Substance abuse — Your spouse’s or partner’s dependency on drugs or alcohol can hinder reasonable negotiations and may raise questions about his or her ability to fulfill parental responsibilities. I believe that substance-abuse issues should be legally addressed.
- Psychological and mental-health issues —The Court may need to address and resolve your spouse’s or partner’s or children’s psychological or mental-health issues before the terms of your dissolution are final.
- Parental estrangement or alienation — If your spouse or partner purposefully creates friction between you and your children, the Court may need to intervene to ensure that your relationship is not harmed. Parental estrangement or interference is a serious issue that the court should be made aware of.
- Domestic violence — The courtroom is the appropriate forum for the dissolution of a marriage or partnership with a history of domestic violence, because the person receiving the abuse should not have to negotiate with his or her abuser.
- Complex issues —Dissolution is seldom easy and complex issues may make it impossible to settle your difficult dissolution through alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Our lawyers stand by you throughout dissolution
Dissolution litigation can be stressful and overwhelming. For many clients, their dissolution proceedings are the first time they ever enter a courtroom or participate in the legal process. I ease your anxiety about filing for dissolution and work decisively to make you feel as comfortable as possible during this difficult time.
I apply my family-therapist and child-development education and experience to help you and your family cope, especially if your dissolution involves complex and lengthy litigation proceedings. I am certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of The State Bar of California as a Family Court-law specialist (CFLS).
Consult with me in Carlsbad, CA, about the method for working to resolve your dissolution
For assertive divorce trial advocacy, call Silverman Family Law, APC, at 760-512-3251 or contact me online to schedule your free, initial phone consultation. Sunday appointments are available.
Silverman Family Law, APC, located in Newport Beach, California, serves clients in and around, Vista, Escondido, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, La Jolla, Mira Mesa, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos and all Orange County.