Orange County Medical Misdiagnosis Attorney
What is Misdiagnosis?
When you visit the doctor’s office, the last thing on your mind is to obtain further injury or illness. Unfortunately, if a doctor fails to make an accurate and timely diagnosis of a harmful medical condition, patients have the legal right to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
At Gill Law Group, PC, we understand what it takes to recover your entitled compensation and help you make the best possible recovery from injury or illness. Our Orange County personal injury lawyer can relentlessly pursue the justice and monetary damages you deserve, on your behalf.
A misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis itself is not enough evidence to prove negligence. Skillful physicians can and do make diagnostic errors despite practicing reasonable care.
To prevail in a medical malpractice lawsuit based on the wrong diagnosis, patients must prove the following:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed
- The doctor was negligent, meaning that he or she did not provide treatment in a reasonably competent or skillful manner
- The doctor’s negligence caused the actual injury to the patient
The key to a misdiagnosis case is determining whether the doctor acted in a competent manner, which involves an assessment of the doctor’s actions and things he did not do in arriving at a diagnosis. In most cases, we can investigate the physician’s differential diagnosis, which is a method used to identify a disease or condition in the patient.
Common examples of misdiagnosis include:
- Failure to screen for a specific medical condition
- Failure to refer the patient to a specialist
- Failure to adequately consult with the patient as their symptoms
- Failure to follow up and investigate possible causes of symptoms reported by the patient
- Misinterpretation of lab test results
Get Our Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyer on Your Side
If you believe that you sustained injury or illness due to the negligence of a medical professional, Gill Law Group, PC is dedicated to helping you. We understand that these types of cases are complex, which is why our Orange County injury lawyer possesses extensive knowledge of California and federal law.
Contact us and request a free consultation today.